Advancement Student Assistant
W. M. Keck Observatory
The Observatory seeks a Student Assistant to support the Advancement office by helping to stimulate public awareness and interest in our work through boutique maintenance, marketing, donor relations activities, and informational materials.
- Assist with the functions of the Advancement Office.
- Assist with the management of retail sales of the KeckWear boutique. Maintain and update product inventory and sales record keeping database. Handle sales in house, at public lectures, telephone and online. Maintain professional presentation of KeckWear; keep inventory clean, neat and tidy, restock lobby displays, re-order necessary products, as well as update KeckWear items online, as needed. Handle money tracking system; daily closing of credit machine, and weekly/biweekly closing of cash box. Update merchandise location sheet and work with Guidestars on boutique related matters.
- Maintain the W. M. Keck Observatory Keck Nation subscription list; add new subscribers.
- Assist with preparations and activities related to special events. Staff public lectures and special events, as well as assist in mailings, appeals etc.
- Assist with keeping accurate records of communications with and event participation by donors and donor prospects.
- Maintain and update the Advancement and KeckWear Web pages.
- Respond to requests for informational materials and friends’ packets, specific to donor relations.
- Greet visitors and orient them to lobby displays and informational materials. Ensure equipment is clean and working properly. Maintain lobby brochures and other information.
- Assist in design and layout of articles, flyers, reports, slideshows, boutique webpage/catalog, and various educational materials.
Minimum Qualifications: High School student in good standing
Skills required include:
- Ability to read and understand policies, directives, and instructions in English.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
To learn more about this position, and to apply, please go to: http://keckobservatory.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-298093.html