The W. M. Keck Observatory seeks a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work under the direction of the TSD Senior Engineer to provide mechanical engineering and project management support, to develop new observatory capabilities and to upgrade existing observatory systems. This position is responsible for design, analysis, specification, and construction of high technology mechanical and opto-mechanical systems for precision telescope operations.Qualifications for this position are:
- B. S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- >8 years of Mechanical Engineering experience, some experience with opto-mechanical devices, 3 years of which are in project/subcontract management and reporting.
- Track record of precision designs of small and large scale mechanical components.
- Competence with 3D computer aided design, finite element analysis, design for assembly and maintainability, product life cycle management, and reliability engineering.
- Engineering process and configuration management experience.
- Experienced use of modern manufacturing techniques.
To learn more and to apply please go to: http://keckobservatory.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-359943.html