For some reason I have gotten along without a focus mask for the TV-76. Need to fix that… Done.
Just a quick project, about half an hour to design and four hours printing. First print a pleasing success, a completely functional part.
A Bahtinov Mask is used to get a precise focus, something I wrote about a few years back.
For this mask I used a public bit of OpenSCAD code from Jens Scheidtmann to generate the mask pattern, just tuning it for the correct sizing and performance with the TV-76. I added my own version of the support collar, making it a bit neater with fillets and properly sized to slip over the TV-76 glare shield.
You can download the SLT file for the mask from Cults3D if you need to print your own.
The part is one of a half dozen parts I have designed and printed over the last few weeks to reassemble the photo rig. A new guide camera mount, a mount for the ASI Air computer, a new glare shield for the guider, etc., etc… The utility of 3D printing a game changer for me.